Simply Life

Our Simple Raw Life...A Natural Journey Of Creation

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Harvest Time In the Country






 The 'south' does have some of the most intriguing farms.  As october sneaks by...can't believe its passing so fast, I am pushed to explore more of this country land.  We came across this children's paradise called "Lucky Ladd Farms" filled with rides and creative kid courses all made put of farm equipment. There were colorful creations all over, hay bails made into pigs, lil cars made out of water barrels, tire swings cut into horses, wagon rides, burlap sac slides, petting farm, nature trails...
...the fun never ends with this lil piece of childrens heaven tucked in the countryside of Tennessee.

 We even ran into my ginger goddess friend Amanda and her family. Oh how I love her soo...

 Mazi pretended to ride a hay bail horse...all while holding her rice cracker which she held for the entire stay.
 Metal creations lined the pathways...

 I found the sling incredibly useful for keeping my sweetie safe and close as I played on the slides and swings, I had to do this slide a couple of times, being a kid never gets old. I am long overdue to the playful nature of the child's imaginative mind. I am ashamed of myself for neglecting it for so long.  Finding this place inside me again felt so exhilarating and for a moment again I was full of freedom.


 Mazi is such a stoic little thing, I was screaming and laughing while she looked on analyzing the details of the slide lined with hay bails and why it isn't like the ones at the park that she's use to...haha silly babe of mine.


 Mr. Peek found himself at the top of 'Pumpkin Peak' which was the perfect place for this sweet man of mine.

 Mazi has an obsession with tractors and loves pointing them out everywhere we go. She shows us how those large tires go round and round.
 I am so curious as I watch her try and figure out how all these animals work. She loves animals, as do I and she stares at them with such curious eyes but she is so hesitant to touch and feel what they are all about.
 I help her explore the thick, squishy, wool of the sheep. It's texture feels like our mattress topper on our bed and it is magical to see where it comes from and to appreciate how these animals give to us. I am so grateful that they exist on this world. I hope to teach Mazi to always give back to them.
 As we were chased by this llama, begging for food of course, Mazi looked at his eyes and was certainly not going to reach out and make any contact.
 Watching her in her daddy's arms and holding his hand fills my heart with LOVE for these two gems in my life.
 She is sooo close to walking...

 Tire swings cut into horses...
 Beautiful pathways...
Keeping her close to my heart as we explore and adventure together.
We ran into these lovely babywearing mommies whom I happened to exchange numbers with and am soooo excited to get together and talk motherhood and the joys and struggles of being a woman....EEEK!!


It was a lovely day with perfect weather and my family by my side. Thank you Lucky Ladd Farms for making this whimsical place for others to enjoy.
I plan on seeking out all the fun farms that plague the countryside of Nashville. Harvest time is so splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment